Friday, May 8, 2009

Early 1960's Marvel Super Hero Club Buttons





I started collecting comic books in the mid-1970's when I was a kid. I still remember my first comic book was Superman vs. Swamp Thing, a DC comic, but I quickly wised up and converted to Marvel.

The collecting bug was in me even then and I started to go to the monthly comic book convention at the old Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles. These were held monthly and I started getting into the old Silver Age comics like early X-Men, Daredevil, Iron Man, etc...

One thing that always intrigued me about these old comics were some of the early Marvel promotional merchandise that were advertised on the back pages. I think there were iron-on patches and definitely sweatshirts that you could buy with your favorite Marvel superhero.

Well, if you're like me and totally missed the early 1960's, here's a nice collection of Marvel Super Hero Club buttons. Worth a bit more than $.39 now.

1 comment:

sroden said...

beautiful. my first was a sgt. fury and his howling commandos... no idea why i wanted a war comic in 1971... go figure...